A surgical instrument in the hands of an incompetent person with a superficial knowledge of anatomy will cause disaster when operating on someone. So can the polygraph in the hands of an incompetent practitioner. Unfortunately there are some who had ventured into this field with little knowledge and training. Expect trouble and labour related problems from these quarters. These people also account for much of the criticism, misrepresentations and derogatory impressions of the critics of the polygraph.
Nothing can replace experience, maturity , level of training and expertise of the polygraph examiner, therefore selection of the correct examiner is of utmost importance.
It is therefore vital that if you decide to use a polygraph expert that you ensure the following.
- The examiner is fully qualified via an accredited American Polygraph Association approved facility
- The examiner is a Member of the British and European Polygraph Association
- The examiner uses the latest techniques and methods
- The examiner uses the latest computerised equipment
- CPS examiners meet all the above criteria and are subject to rigorous quality control procedures.